New "Pro" feature: Smart Folders (multi-criteria search)
Here's an suggestion for Metanota Pro:
- Provide a simple way for users to search notes by multiple folders/tags and date criteria.
- Provide a way to save and name those searches.
- Add a section to the folders pane of Metanota called "Smart Folders" under which all saved searches appear.
Then, the user could have easy access to smart folders that list all notes that match multiple criteria according to their needs.
For me, an example of a useful smart folder would be:
- Show ALL notes where folder IS "Work" AND folder IS "Website"
And even more useful with the ability to include date criteria in search:
- Show ALL notes where folder IS "Work" AND folder IS "Website" AND folder IS NOT "Archived" AND date last updated IS WITHIN the last 10 days
Thanks for considering this.
Also helpful: more clearly display search procedures. I am currently confused as to how to structure a basic search. For example, if I were looking for the phrase "some phrase" in the set of all notes with "tag1" AND "tag2" AND "tag3" -- I am looking for a more clearly labeled search box that would help sort through the data this way. The text for a search string of this type might look something like:
search text" tag("tag1_text", "tag2_text", "tag3_text")
Jeff Krieger commented